“It Was The Boogeyman.”



"I'm not going to be your friend."


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Lucky Mckee’s May is, put plain and simple, a fucking amazing film.

The plot revolves around an awkward, lonely young woman named May Dove Canady. She had a troubled childhood, as her lazy eye kept her from feeling normal. Thus, her mother suggests an eye patch for her to wear. Although this does nothing, except encourage the other children to make fun of her. Having very little social interactions with people throughout her life, her only "true friend" is a doll, named Soozy that her mother made and then gave to May for her birthday. As she makes an attempt to interact with the people around her, she finds Adam, a local mechanic, the perfect guy. As she gets to know Adam and the other people she lives and works around, she finds that people are not always 100% perfect. Just parts of them. This drives her to create the perfect friend. But not in the way you would think. So, "If you can't find a friend, make one."
Is it wrong that this film touched me? I don’t know. I suppose you can make that decision for yourself. But seeing May lose her mind and her sanity, just because she wants a friend, along with the brilliant portrayal of the character by Angela Bettis, is so sad and painful to watch. But oh so great.
I also liked the movie’s use of dark humour. You’ve seen Ginger Snaps right? It’s that kind of humour. And I love it!
The film really amazes in it’s last scene. Everything in the film builds up to this twisted, fucked, and in a weird way… heart warming scene. I found it kind of hard to watch. But it really is perfect. Yes, I said it. Perfect.

May is perfect.




May.


0 Responses to “"I'm not going to be your friend."”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3